I just came across an excellent Godot 2D tutorial that would have helped a lot with trying to get stuff done for the Wowie Jam! game jam. There are so many things that I know must be possible (like having a title screen or global variables) but I don’t know how to do them in Godot and need a quick demonstration of how to do them.
What I liked most about this tutorial series:
- It is text, not video, so I can skim it quickly to find things.
- It covers how to make a title scene and how to make a scene load another scene (so that your title screen can go to your game screen). This is something I didn’t figure out during the game jam.
- It covers how to make global variables, so that you can have variables accessible across scenes.
- Everything is explained very clearly and concisely.
- All the code is given at the end so it can be quickly referenced.
check it out here: